A lifelong Iowa resident, John grew up on a farm in Polk County and spent 12 years running his family’s farming operation prior to graduating from Drake University Law School in 1988. Over the last 30 years, John has dedicated his law practice to restoring sanity to the divorce process. As a mediator and experienced collaborative divorce advocate, John focuses on minimizing emotional and financial damage, respecting the needs of each individual, and creating a foundation for effective co-parenting.
- Drake University Law School, J.D., 1988
- University of Iowa, B.A., Sociology and Social Work, 1973
- Iowa, 1989
- Outstanding Volunteer, Volunteer Lawyers Project, Polk County Bar Association
- Distinguished Service Honor, Volunteer Lawyers Project, Polk County Bar Association
- Pro Bono Award, Iowa State Bar Association
- Iowa State Bar Association
- Polk County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- Volunteer Attorney, Volunteer Lawyers Project, Polk County Bar Association
- In his free time, John likes to hike, travel, and attend sporting events. He also enjoys cycling and has participated in RAGBRAI eight times. John is a huge fan of the Iowa Hawkeyes.